Alliance Insurance Services, Inc. was formed in 1986 by Joan L. Dore’, Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), who had been in the insurance business since 1978. Since that time the agency, which is located a few blocks from the White House in downtown Washington DC, has grown to insure thousands of individuals and hundreds of businesses in the metropolitan area. We celebrated Joan’s retirement from the industry and Alliance in January of 2011.
All of our employees have a commitment to maintain a high standard of excellence in all that they do and above all to establish a firm relationship of mutual trust with our clients.
At Alliance Insurance Services, Inc. we know that your time is valuable – therefore the most important promise we give you is that you will receive the best service in the DC area! This is not an empty promise – we have thousands of satisfied clients to prove it. So if you want professional service with a personal touch, e-mail or call us today.
Ken Daveler began his insurance career with Alliance Insurance Services, Inc. in 1990. He has worked at every position at the agency and is currently its President. Ken holds the CIC, Certified Insurance Counselor and CISR, Certified Insurance Sales Representative. Ken is the 2008-2009 President of The Professional Insurance agents of Virginia and DC. Ken has served on several industry and governmental advisory boards. Although well versed in Insurance, he has always had a skill and passion for Technology. His work on several Image and Technology Committees helped put Alliance Insurance Services, Inc. in the forefront of creating a “paperless environment”, dual monitors, and remote accessibility for all employees and a top notch web site. Ken attended Winthrop University and is supported by his wife, Kim, and two boys, Shane and Owen.
Don Butcher started his insurance career with Liberty Mutual Insurance Company in their Rockville, Maryland office in 1982 as a business sales representative and built his career selling and managing commercial accounts with an emphasis in real estate and construction risks. He has enjoyed an exclusive career commitment in the insurance industry, excelling in his various roles of Senior Account Executive, Marketing Manager and Vice President and gaining broad and versatile experience in all aspects of the business. In 2001, Don opened his own agency, Great Oak Insurance, Inc., subsequently merging that agency to become the CEO of Alliance Insurance Services, Inc in 2007.
Don has served on Agent Advisory Councils for several carriers, including Aetna, Great American, Utica and Hanover. Don graduated from Cortland State University in 1981 with a BA in Economics. He has earned the professional designations of Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC); Certified Risk Manager (CRM); and is a licensed insurance advisor. Don currently serves on the board of the Metropolitan Washington Association of Independent Insurance Agents.
Our Mission Statement
“We will partner with excellent insurance companies and employees so that we may give our clients professional service with a personal touch that exceeds their expectations.”
Why an Independent Agent?
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. Many people don’t realize that there are three sources for insurance:
Captive Agents, who can sell you the insurance of only one company. Telephone Representatives, who can offer you the insurance of one company, and only on the telephone. Independent Insurance Agents, who represent a number insurance companies, and research with these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
Your Independent Agent
- Is a licensed professional with strong customer and community ties.
- Gives you excellent service and competitive prices because your agent can access the insurance coverage from more than one company.
- Unlike other agents, is not beholden to any one company; thus, you don’t need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- Assists you when you have a claim.
- Is your consultant working with you as you determine your needs.
- Offers you a choice of insurance plans and programs.
- Is a value hunter who looks after your pocketbook in finding the best combination of price, coverage and service.
- Offers one-stop shopping for a full range of products-home, renters, auto, business, life and health.
- Can periodically review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
- Treats you like a person, not just another number.
- With an Independent Insurance Agent, there is a difference!
Customer Bill of Rights
- PROFESSIONALISM – We will treat all our clients with the highest level of professionalism possible.
- PRIDE – We will take pride in all that we do.
- RESPONSIVENESS – We will strive to provide our clients with responses to their inquiries as quickly as possible.
- EQUALITY – We will treat all our clients with equal superior customer service regardless of the size of the account.
- ADVOCACY – We will be our clients’ advocate and representative to the insurance carrier and take the lead on any issue that arises.
- KNOWLEDGE – We will strive to educate our clients about their insurance coverage and how the processes work.
- UNDERSTANDING – We will make every effort to understand and anticipate our clients’ needs and help them to meet their insurance needs.
- DELIVERANCE – We will deliver consistent full-class service and coverage by partnering with top-rate insurance carriers.
- APPRECIATION – We will let our clients know how much we appreciate them and the fact that the trust their insurance needs to our agency.
- SERVICE WITH A SMILE! – We will always have a smile on that our clients will be able to hear through the phone.
An Independent Advantage
We are Independent Agents in Washington, DC, free to choose the best carrier for your insurance needs. We do not work for an insurance company; we work for you. We work on your side when you have a loss and follow through to see that you get fair, prompt payment and service. Alliance Insurance Services, Inc. represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies, therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.
What is an Independent Insurance Agent?
When you decide to buy a car, you wouldn’t purchase the first one you see. What if one day the automobile industry decided to make only one type of car, one make and one model. You wouldn’t have a choice!
The same situation holds true for insurance. You need insurance to drive a car, to purchase a house, to protect your family’s financial future and to run a small business. But if there was only one insurance company that offered only one type of insurance, car insurance, home insurance or business owner policy — you wouldn’t have a choice. The only solution would be going to that one company.
With an independent insurance agent, you have choices. Independent agents are not tied to any one insurance company. One of the advantages of using an independent agent is that he or she works to satisfy your needs. You are using an expert for an important financial decision.
An independent agent has several companies that he or she can approach to get you the best coverage at the best price. And your independent agent will know the companies with the most efficient claims departments to recover your losses as quickly as possible.
When you buy insurance, whether it’s for your home, your car or your business, you want an advocate who will properly assess the risks you face and give you an objective analysis of the marketplace, it’s up to you to make the final choice.